Friday, January 28, 2011

Baby Bump Cake!

I am helping throw a baby shower for a friend tomorrow and I volunteered to make the cake! I have been itching to try a baby bump cake so this was my chance and I thought I would document the steps to share with you the process.  It actually went a lot smoother then I thought it would and I am very happy with the results!  
First comes forming the cake! This is what it looked like before I 'dirty' frosted the cake.


Second comes the dirty frosting, I will tell you that I just used canned frosting (AHHH) and you can just slap it on don't worry about making it look pretty.

Then it was fondant time.  I use a marshmallow fondant recipe and am actually pretty happy with how easy it is to work with. 


With my left over fondant I then colored it blue and brown and made polka dots and a ribbon for the 'shirt' of the cake.  I got really frustrated with the bow on the cake and it isn't as pretty as I would like it to be but it will do! Here is the finished product!!! 


I am also in charge of doing the favors and I found a cute idea of doing baby onesie cookies.  I'm pretty happy with how they came out and hopefully everyone at the shower will be to! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment